MAGISK is something you might be truly familiar with if you have been rooting android devices. XDA registered developer topjohnwu has recently updated the Magisk Beta to the latest version people have been awaiting. Now you can download the Latest Version Magisk 16.4 Beta and Magisk Manager 5.7.0 for your android devices here.
For a long time the android community users kept on using the SuperSu as the most efficent and only root solution. But this is when Magisk was introduced as a way to modify your android devices more seamlessly in 2016. Soon the developer started adding a lot of exciting features like Magisk Hide (An in built utility of Magisk to let you hide root from certain android apps.) Further going in version 11, topjohnwu announced a dedicated root solution for his users known as Magisk SU. It was a turning point in how experts were rooting android and Magisk established itself to be one of the most common root solution among android users. Now after almost a year, the developer has announced an updated and new version as Magisk 16.4 and Magisk Manager 5.7 and you can download it in this post later.
Magisk 16.4 Beta & Magisk Manager 5.7.0 – Changelog
We would like to post the Changelog of both Magisk 16.4 and Magisk Manager 5.7.0 as posted by the developer topjohnwu. We highly appreciate that regardless of his busy routine, he still managed to make some significant changes in his latest version to make it a truly unique and Universal Systemless interface.
The new Magisk Beta update by the developer brings on some major re work to the daemon and how the Magisk is initialized during and after the reboot. Before you download Magisk 16.4 Beta and its manager, lets take a look at the changelog below.
- [Daemon] Directly check logcat command instead of detecting logd, should fix logging and MagiskHide on several Samsung devices
- [Daemon] Fix startup Magisk Manager APK installation on Android P
- [MagiskPolicy] Switch from AOSP u:r:su:s0 to u:r:magisk:s0 to prevent conflicts
- [MagiskPolicy] Remove unnecessary sepolicy rules to reduce security penalty
- [Daemon] Massive re-design /sbin tmpfs overlay and daemon startup
- [MagiskInit] Remove magiskinit_daemon, the actual magisk daemon (magiskd) shall handle everything itself
- [Daemon] Remove post-fs stage as it is very limited and also will not work on A/B devices; replaced with a simple mount in post-fs-data, which will run even before the daemon is started
- [General] Remove all 64-bit binaries as there is no point in using them; all binaries are now 32-bit only.
- [resetprop] Add Protobuf encode/decode to support manipulating persist properties on Android P
- [MagiskHide] Include app sub-services as hiding targets. This might significantly increase the number of apps that could be properly hidden.
Magisk Manager v5.7.0
- Add app shortcuts for Android 7.1+
- Bump minimal module minMagisk requirement to 1500
- Adjustments for new SELinux policies on v16.4+
- Fix crashes when refreshing the online repo
The developer highlights that some weirldly implemented root android apps might behave awkwardly and might break during operation like “Tasker”. As the developer is already knows the issue, you can expect a fix in the upcoming app update to be released soon. As for Magisk Manager, users with Android 7.1 Nougat and above can now use the app shortcuts to quickly access different parts of the app. You need to simply press on the app icon and you would be allowed to choose different operations for app shortcuts.
Also we need to mention here that the Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ users still have to wait to get the Magisk support as he is currently struggling with time management and that the time required to support this android device would take some time
Download Magisk 16.4 Beta (Magisk Manager 5.7.0)
Like other previous releases, the latest beta version is also available in the Zip format and could be easily flashed using TWRP recovery. Below we would explain to you to install Magisk 16.4 Beta for rooting your device.
You can also check Towel Root APK for rooting Android Phone
How to Install Magisk 16.4 Beta?
Installing Magisk is pretty easy and straightforward. There are actually two methods to install Magisk and root your device. The first one is to flash Magisk using TWRP recovery or patch the stock boot image of your firmware and flash it using fast boot. The second one is a bit tricky and can be hard to opt for beginners. So make sure to familiarize yourself with complete process before you opt for the second method. Make sure to get a complete backup of your data before you proceed with any of the setup.
We have written an in depth and complete step by step tutorial on how to install Magisk Universal Systemless Interface here and explain both methods here
How to Update Magisk 16.4 Beta?
If you have are using Magisk already and have installed Magisk older version with you, you just need to update that to the latest version 16.4 Beta now with these steps.
- From the app drawer, you need to open “Magisk Manager”.
- Tap on the menu icon on the top left in the manager app and click on “Settings”.
- Scroll down and tap on “Update Channel”.
- Select “beta” from the options.
- Go back to the Manager main screen.
- Swipe to pull down and refresh and then tap on “Update” button.
- Select “Install” and then click on Direct Install.
- The Latest Magisk 16.4 Beta would automatically be installed
- Finally press “Reboot” button
and booooom, you are done updating your Magisk to the latest version.
When your phone reboots, it should be rooted using latest Magisk 16.4 Beta version with Magisk Manager updated to 5.7.0. Now you can start the Magisk Hide feature to prevent root detection from certain android apps like bank apps or some of the games like Pokemon go. You can also browse through apps official repository and download modules for adding additional features to your android features you might have been waiting for badly.
We hope that we would have enabled you to successfully root your android device with the help of Magisk 16.4. If you face any problem while downloading, installing or updating Magisk 16.4 and Magisk Manager 5.7 to the latest version on your android device, do let us know in comments below. Also let us know if you have any other rooting related problem and we would be more than happy to assist you.